In android 9.0 pie and above we have an option to set Private DNS, this can be used to block ads on your phone.
STEP 1- Under Connection in Settings, scroll down and select More Connection Settings.
STEP 2- Select the Private DNS Option
STEP 3- Select Private DNS provider hostname and enter the following in the text bar
Additional STEPS for using this with Google Chrome-
Since Google Chrome uses its own DNS resolver, we need to disable that for ad block to work.
- Launch Chrome app.
- Enter the URL “chrome://flags”, without quotes, into the address bar.
- You will see a new window with many flags.
- Search for “dns”.
- Set the “Async DNS” option to “Disabled” and close the tab.
STEP 2- You will also need to clear the prebuilt DNS cache.
- Enter “chrome://net-internals”,
without quotes, into the address bar.
- Select the DNS tab, and tap on “Clear Cache”.
- Restart Chrome.
Confirmed Working on-
Samsung Internet (Just Clear Cache)